The 3 R’s
You may have heard of the 3 R’s – Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. As well as recycling it is just as important to reduce the amount of waste you produce and re-use products wherever possible. Check out the tips below:
- Stop junk mail coming through your letter box by registering with the mail preference service.
- Buy products which are not heavily packaged. For example buy loose fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid using disposable products such as razors, cameras and paper/plastic kitchenware.
- Re-use carrier bags and take them with you when you go shopping. Alternatively invest in a ‘bag for life’ at your local supermarket.
- Write on both sides of a sheet of paper and use scrap paper to make notebooks.
- Buy re-usable products such as rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones. This will also save you money.
- Donate magazines to doctors/dentists for use in their waiting rooms.
- Take old clothes, books, videos and CDs to charity shops or jumble sales.
- Repair broken items rather than buying new ones.
REMEMBER – THINK BEFORE YOU THROW!
Type in your post code to find your nearest recycling bank.
To find out when we are serving your street type in your post code.